Saturday, January 25, 2014

2013-14 Grammy Finale: General

Alright. Down to the last category for tomorrow's Grammy's. This is the Jay man gettin ready to close out the 2013-14 Grammy series. This category is awarded during the show.


General
Song Of The Year:
  • Lorde - Royals
  • Katy Perry - Roar
  • Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven
  • Ryan Lewis/Macklemore - Same Love
  • Pink - Just Give Me A Reason
My Prediction = Bruno Mars, billboard's artist of 2013, nomination for record of the year
 
Album Of The Year:
  • Ryan Lewis/Macklemore - The Heist
  • Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
  • Taylor Swift - Red
  • Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City
  • Sara Bareilles - The Blessed Unrest
My Prediction = Taylor Swift, #2 album of 2013, performing at awards show
 
Best New Artist:
  • Kendrick Lamar
  • James Blake
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Ryan Lewis/Macklemore
  • Kacey Musgraves
My Prediction = Ryan Lewis/Macklemore, performing at awards show, the only duo in american music history to have their first 2 songs go number one on the Hot 100 chart
 
Record Of The Year:
  • Robin Thicke/T.I./Pharrell Williams - Blurred Lines
  • Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
  • Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven
  • Daft Punk/Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky
  • Lorde - Royals
My Prediction = Imagine Dragons, performing at awards show, the song is trying to make billboard history by having the longest stay on the Hot 100 chart (currently at 73 weeks on chart/needs 77 weeks to break history)
 
 
The 56th Annual Grammy Awards will be on at 8PM eastern time, 7PM central time, and 8PM pacific time on your local CBS channel. The Grammy's are a taped show and they last for 3 and a half hours. I will have a review post for the 56th Grammy's. I will count my predictions and see how many were correct in the review post. I am looking for 60% predictions correct. Go back over my 10 categories for the 2013-14 Grammy Series. This is the Jay man signing out looking forward to the show.